What is Mobile Deposit Capture?
Mobile Deposit Capture allows a person to use their smartphone to take a photo of a check and deposit it into their bank account without ever having to physically take the check to the bank. You must be a FNBT client to have the FNBT Mobile Money app.
What are the benefits of using Mobile Deposit Capture?
- Available 24/7
- Simple to use – just point and click
- Avoid unnecessary trips to the bank
- Financial information is encrypted for safety
To deposit a check, begin by properly endorsing the check you’ll be depositing and include the words “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
Open and login to your account using the FNBT Mobile Money app on your smart phone. Click on the “Deposit” icon. Choose “Deposit Check” and select the account you would like to deposit the check into. The app will prompt you to enter the amount of the check, take a photo of the front of the check along with a photo of the back of the check.
Hit next to review your deposit and, if correct, confirm it. You can check the status of your deposit at any time by viewing your deposit history.
Making a deposit with the FNBT Mobile Money app is quick and secure! Watch the video tutorial where you can see each step here.
Frequently asked questions about Mobile Deposit Capture
- Are there any limits on the dollar amount of deposits I can submit?
- You may not deposit more than $5,000 per check per day, and no more than $10,000 total deposits per day.
- Are there any fees associated with using Mobile Deposit Capture?
- Not at this time.
- How will I know when First National Bank processes my deposit?
- The deposit will post to your account as a “Mobile Deposit.”
- When will my deposit post to my account?
- Deposits made before 3:00 p.m. (CST) most often will be posted by 7:00 p.m.
Click here to download a PDF that includes even more FAQs.
What if I haven’t downloaded the FNBT Mobile Money app yet?
Read more about the FNBT Mobile Money app here. You can download the free app from the Apple Store and the Google Play Store. Make sure to write a review!